[jamming] Q on multi-Jamfile projects (again)

John Panzer jpanzer at netscape.com
Fri Oct 22 13:46:32 PDT 1999

I just spent a few hours tracking down an annoying bug.  I had a header
file which (for some reason) #included itself:

#ifndef FOO_H
#define FOO_H

#include "foo.h"

#endif

This caused Jam's bind phase to get totally out of whack; the symptom
was an inability to find things which were supposed to exist on the
current SEARCH path.  Looking at the debugging output, it seemed that
additions to SEARCH weren't getting added (they did not show up in the
debug output).  Comment out the above #include, however, and everything
works fine.

IWBNI Jam protected itself against such (twisted but legal) #include
issues :)

John Panzer