[jamming] Parallel jam invocations corrupt batch files under Windows

Chris Antos chrisant at windows.microsoft.com
Mon Feb 17 05:04:06 PST 2003

A random number doesn't solve the problem, it just reduces it (also making it harder to track down the real problem later).

Why not go for a complete solution -- include the Jam process ID and a monotonically increasing number.  That's a solution that's been posted here previously, and which my private version of Jam uses.  I thought the fix had been included in the official Jam already -- maybe it's in the 2.5 relnotes; I haven't checked.

Btw, I don't have problems about leftover temporary files from Jam (but maybe I made a fix and forgot) on Windows.