[jamming] Using Jam along with Ant for Java

Dana Frost dana.frost at calix.com
Mon May 3 17:23:46 PDT 2004

I just started working with this Make system and for the Java compile "Ant"
is used. There are some problems because the *.jar dependency is not set up
in a typical *.java -> *.class -> Project.jar way.

What I am wondering is if anyone has any experience using "Ant" to compile
Java but using "Jam" as the overall make system. Obviously there is a mix of
C and Java and Jam fits well with the "C" code but often Java *.jars are
place in libraries and are build too often.

I was also wondering if anyone has defined some rules for building Java
projects with Ant.

Dana