[jamming] Checking variable on a target

Dean Ashton dean.ashton at ntlworld.com
Mon Nov 22 02:23:29 PST 2004

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately your suggestion doesn't work for me.

For the first point, inside an action I'm limited to external commands only. 'If', in the context in your example, can't work as you describe. $(NEEDLIBS) has already been expanded, causing the call to DOS 'if' to fail. Also, having to have the 'if' and the command on a single line tends to screw up the redirect to my linker response file..

For your second point, I can't put all the linking flags into one action as we have large link command lines (both NEEDLIBS and LINKLIBS can get quite large). The 'piecemeal' command only splits $(>) up, so it doesn't help us when dealing with NEEDLIBS and LINKLIBS in a single action. Indeed, this is why I have a split set of actions as in my original post..

Cheers,
Dean