[jamming] (no subject)

David Turner dturner at nds.com
Wed Jun 7 02:15:02 PDT 2006

Hello,

You must install the Jam binary into your path to be able to use it.
Moveover, the command is 'jam', not 'Jam'

Also, if you want a 'traditional' Unix install (e.g. ./configure && make
&& make install),
try ftjam-2.5.2, available at the following page:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=3157&package_id=19789&release_id=422642

the page also has precompiled binaries for a few systems, contributions
for other ones
are welcomed.

Hope this helps,

- David Turner

shobharanim at zentechnologies.com a écrit :
> Hi,
>   I downloaded Jam 2.5 zip(which is latest) and installed in one folder.
> According to suggestion I have opened Makefile which is in Src folder and
> modified line number 47 and saved(I have opend Makefile in openoffice. In
> line number 47 it is like #CC=gcc and i changed it to #CC=./jam0).
>
> Afterwards I gave command Jam in command prompt but it gives the message
> 'Jam is not recognized command as an internal or external ' like that.
>
> I am new to Jam and I don't know how to know Jam is installed properly or
> not, if it installed how to start work............like that.
>
> Can you help me.
>
> Thank You
> Sobha.

Information contained in this email message is confidential and may be privileged, and is intended only for use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the postmaster at nds.com and destroy the original message.