[jamming] KJam Beta 0.31 Released with performance comparison.

rafael baptista rafael at oroboro.com
Fri Jun 16 14:40:51 PDT 2006

Hi, I just wanted to let people know that I have released a new version
of KJam, a build tool inspired by Jam.
It has some a long way since I first announced it here a few months
back. As usual, I am interested in feedback
about it. Comments from our growing community of beta users drives most
of our continuing development.

You can find out more about KJam here: http://www.oroboro.com/kjam

Kjam is designed to support large projects and has support for
distributed builds on a network of build servers,
supports batched builds, and has a built-in shell.

I have also released some performance numbers comparing KJam, Jam and
Gnu Make and MSBuild. Performance
for KJam and Jam is similar - though for large projects KJam is
significantly faster. Both Jam and KJam are
much faster than MSBuild or Gnu Make - sometimes by as much as 20x.

The performance numbers are available here:
http://www.oroboro.com/kjam/docserv.php/page/doc_perf

-Rafael Baptista