[jamming] JamPlus

John Waugh john.waugh at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 22:01:35 PST 2008

I'm not sure how much crossover there is between sweng-gamedev and
this list, so figured I'd mention it here:

A new fork of Jam, dubbed JamPlus, was released recently by Joshua Jensen.
It has quite a few nice added features/fixes, though some might be
considered more 'radical' changes relative to stock Jam (like embedded
lua).

The site is here: http://redmine.jamplex.org/projects/show/jamplus
documentation, list of features:
http://redmine.jamplex.org/git/jamplus/docs/html/index.html

I believe it currently is Windows-centric, since it was created for
Windows game development, but only in the sense that rules need to be
written for other platforms.

Also, the author mentioned:

    "In fact, if you've noticed, the actual website is called
Jamplex... like your local movie theater 'cineplex'.  Redmine has the
ability to host multiple projects.  If someone wanted to host a
Jam-related project on jamplex.com, I'd be happy to accommodate them."

I'd really like to see some of this work filter back into Jam, but at
least all this neat code is publicly available.

-John