[jamming] Building Objects - Need to reference with grist when using them in another jam file?

Morgenthaler Björn bjoern.morgenthaler at comlet.de
Wed Dec 17 23:26:36 PST 2008

Hi,

Thank you for your answers Craig and John.

I know the rule FGristFiles but for my understanding, FGristFiles puts the current grist to files defined by the SubDir rule.

Like Craig pointed out, I would need to change the SubDir for every object to use FGristFiles because they're not in the location of the lib. I thought there might be a more automatic way, jam might be able to resolve this.

Of cource I also could build with the Library rule or call LibraryFromObjects in every location of the source files but in my case, I'm afraight this is no subject of change.

So when I get you  right, the only possible way to prevent the hard coded grist in my scenario is to change the SubDir and use FGristFiles for every object in a different location then the lib?

Regards,
Bjoern.