[jamming] Vanilla jam compared to bjam

Morgenthaler Björn bjoern.morgenthaler at comlet.de
Wed Dec 17 23:33:53 PST 2008

Hi,

>You don't need bjam, just get vanilla jam 2.5.

What's the differences and advantages of vanilla jam compared to bjam?

>But why don't you just put component1.lib in component1 directory where it's files are? I.e.

This was my first plan but our requirements are to do a jamfile in every (sub)dir, build the objects in the src dir, keep them in a products dir, build libs from a couple of objects in different locations and keep the libs in a products dir different from the objects' products dir. I guess this sounds a bit unusual to you :)

Regards,
Bjoern.