[jamming] SubInclude directories not in main tree

John Waugh john.waugh at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 22:50:55 PST 2008

On Feb 1, 2008 10:50 AM, Julian Gardner [RSD] <joolz at rsd.tv> wrote:

> I have 3 projects which all use the same library(s) and i have 3 copies so
> every time i make a modification i have to copy this into the other ones.

<snip>

> I have tried to change the subinclude but cant get it to work

Do you have SubDir entries at the top of each of your Jamfiles?

so Project1\Jamfile would have, as its first line:
SubDir TOP Project1

Similarly for the other projects, and Graphics

Of course then you will find that if you build from the root directory,
Graphics will be built multiple times (once for each SubInclude). Search the
archives for SubIncludeOnce for solutions to that.

-John