[p4perl] Problems inheriting from P4

Eleftherios.Kororos at symbian.com Eleftherios.Kororos at symbian.com
Wed Feb 2 02:33:20 PST 2005

Hi,

I am trying to implement my own derived class from the P4 class. Here is
the code...

package Perforce;
use strict;
use P4;

our @ISA = qw(P4);

sub new
{
    my $class = shift;
    my $self = bless {}, $class;
    $self->{username} = shift;
    $self->{password} = shift;
    $self->{server} = shift;
    $self->{clientspec} = shift;
    return $self;
}

sub init
{
    my $self = shift;
    $self->SetPort($self->{server});
    $self->SetUser($self->{username});
    $self->SetPassword($self->{password});
    $self->SetClient($self->{clientspec});
    $self->Init() or die("Failed to connect to Perforce\n");
}

1;

When I access this script I get the following:

Any ideas?

Btw, if I don't inherit from the P4 class, then I can normally use the
perforce perl API.

I am using Perl 5.6.1 (build 638) from ActiveState.  Also running the
Apache server on my machine (windows 2k).

Any help would be appreciated.

Terry Kororos

Symbian Software Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with
registered number 4190020 and registered office at 2-6 Boundary Row,
Southwark, London, SE1 8HP, UK. This message is intended only for use by
the named addressee and may contain privileged and/or confidential
information. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate,
copy or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this
message in error please notify postmaster at symbian.com and delete the
message and any attachments accompanying it immediately. Neither Symbian
nor any of its subsidiaries accepts liability for any corruption,
interception, amendment, tampering or viruses occurring to this message in
transit or for any message sent by its employees which is not in compliance
with Symbian corporate policy.