[p4perl] integrating perforce with a build system.

Roger Day roger.day at globalgraphics.com
Thu Feb 17 09:51:11 PST 2005

Hi,

I'm looking at integrating perforce with our in-house build scheduling
system. Our build scripts are written in Perl and I've installed the P4
win32 perl code and the test examples work. However I'm a newbie to
perforce.

Our internal build system creates a fresh set of sources every day timed
for  midnight. To do this, the build scripts instruct the SCM system to
download a clean set of sources into an empty directory (the sources
include the build tools neccessary for building those sources). So
essentially my problem is for a P4 client (in this case, in the form of the
P4Perl)  to connect to a P4 server and synchronize a given "depot" to a
given (empty) folder on the file system.  I looked at the P4Perl modules
but I didn't see any code to hand to do this task. Is there an easy way of
doing this in the perl API?

TIA

Roger