[p4perl] help: diff of revisions

vik y bloodyslover at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 16 10:25:03 PST 2005

Hi Tony,

Thanks a lot for your info.

I already finished the part 2 days ago and yeah, did it as same as what you
mentioned. But I have a problem, that is,  the command p4 diff2 will ouput
different chunks of two revisions, which has "<" and ">" indicating strings
from first revision or second revision. But,  how can I know what is the
relationship between them?  I need to know what is the original string from
first revision and with its corresponding  string changed in the second
revision. That is, for each "<" followed by a string,  finding its
corresponding ">" followed by a changed string in the following format:
revision1             revision2
original string1    change to string1'
original string2    change to string2'

I could not find any clue according to the output from p4 diff2 and, is
there anyother way to get it? For example, I use beyondCompare to compare
diffs of two revisions, for each different line, left panel and right panel
will show their strings and easily to find which string was changed to what.

Thanks

PerlBird

>From: Tony Smith <tony at smee.org>
>To: p4perl at perforce.com
>CC: "vik y" <bloodyslover at hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: [p4perl] help: diff of revisions
>Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 13:03:30 +0000
>
>Hi,
>
> > Does anybody know how to get the difference of revisions and its
>submitter?
> > say, I want to know which strings or chunks was changed by whom.
> > Is there any idea of how to do that?
>
>'p4 annotate' gives you something pretty close to what you're after.
>
>However, if you're really set on actual diff chunks you'll need to run a
>'p4
>filelog' to get a list of the revisions involved, and who changed them; and
>then use 'p4 diff2' for each pair of revisions involved to get the diffs.
>
>Tony

Take charge with a pop-up guard built on patented Microsoft® SmartScreen
Technology.
first two months FREE*.