Fw: [p4perl] sync problems

Roger Day roger.day at globalgraphics.com
Thu Mar 17 06:44:46 PST 2005

Would be interesting to integrate log4perl (and log4c) with the Perforce
Perl API - verbose logging switched on at the flick of a switch so to
speak. There would be a performance hit but, I think, at times like this,
it would be more than worth the effort. Log4c would be the more useful as
you debug the core with little effort.

I've a task to integrate log4perl with our build system - but, then again,
feedback is almost as important as performance for such a system.

Roger.

                      Tony Smith
                      <tony at smee.org>          To:       "Roger Day" <roger.day at globalgraphics.com>
                                               cc:       p4perl at perforce.com
                      16/03/2005 18:03         Subject:  Re: Fw: [p4perl] sync problems

On Wednesday 16 March 2005 17:16, Roger Day wrote:
> Things have changed but not to the better, I fear. None of the three
> variables have definition, neither $val, @warnings or @errors

huh??? Gotta say, I'm baffled at this point.

> I'm running VC 6. Would that make a difference?

Nope. Should be fine.

> The other question I should ask, am I running the right rpc library? How
> can I check this?

The RPC stuff is baked into the Perforce API. There's nothing else you
need.

I'll add some extra debugging tomorrow and give you a fresh build to try
out.
I'll make it pretty verbose so we can get to the bottom of things.