[p4perl] Problems building P4-Client module

Tara Hernandez tara at pixar.com
Mon Mar 28 16:04:01 PST 2005

I'm trying to build the perl api packages on 10.3 for the 2002.2 server
(yes, I know I need to upgrade), and am seeing some fun compile errors:

clientuserperl.cc: In member function `virtual void
    ClientUserPerl::Diff(FileSys*, FileSys*, int, char*, Error*)':
clientuserperl.cc:518: error: no matching function for call to
`Diff::SetInput(
    FileSys*&, FileSys*&, char*&, Error*&)'
/pixar/d2/sets/tools-00/lib/p4/diff.h:38: error: candidates are: void
    Diff::SetInput(const char*, const char*, const char*, Error*)
make[1]: *** [clientuserperl.o] Error 1
make: *** [lib/libp4.a] Error 2

I had no problem building it out for Red Hat 7.1 and Fedora core 2, and
sadly there are no hints listed for this platform in the package.

Anybody had any luck with this configuration?  For Fedora, I'm
specifying these compiler options and it works great:

-fPIC -DOS_LINUX -Dconst_char='%const_char' -D_BSD_SOURCE -D_SVID_SOURCE

I've played with the options a bit on darwin, even trying setting
OS_NEXT since, hey, it could work, but no dice.  I checked that the
header is there and Diff is listed there as a virtual void function, but
it's been long enough since I've done anything useful in a strongly
typed language I'm pretty much at flail stage now.

Thanks,
-Tara

--
I take life with a grain of salt,