[p4perl] P4 Diff2 -- error

TEMPLIE Cédric cedric.templie at echotech.ch
Thu May 19 01:52:58 PDT 2005

Hello,

I try to use the p4->run method with diff2 command. When printing
results with Dumper i see some errors. I use the 3.4804 p4 perl version.

This is the command i use, and this is the result:

print Dumper($p4->Run("diff2","-q", "//Workspaces/Test/...@"."Test",
"//Workspaces/Test/..."));

I want to retrieve diff between file in label and head revision.

Output is the following:

Key (depotFile) not a reference! at C:/Perl/site/lib/P4.pm line 51.
Key (rev) not a reference! at C:/Perl/site/lib/P4.pm line 51.
Key (type) not a reference! at C:/Perl/site/lib/P4.pm line 51.
$VAR1 = {
           'status' => 'content',
           'rev' => '3',
           'type' => 'text',
           'depotFile' => '//Workspaces/Test/Test.txt'
         };
$VAR2 = {
           'status' => 'left only',
           'rev' => '1',
           'type' => 'text',
           'depotFile' => '//Workspaces/Test/Test2.txt'
         };
$VAR3 = {
           'status' => 'right only',
           'rev' => [
                      '1'
                    ],
           'type' => [
                       'text'
                     ],
           'depotFile' => [
                            '//Workspaces/Test/Test3.txt'
                          ]
         };

Test2 is a file that disappear, Test3 is a file that appear.
The problem is with Test that is a modified file, I only retrieve in
results the file from the label... (The head revision of this file is 5)

I think that missing keys represents the head revision of the file that
change.

Thanks in advance.

TEMPLIE Cédric