[p4perl] Need advice with cross-platform deployment

Ivey, William william_ivey at bmc.com
Mon Mar 26 07:47:01 PDT 2007

Can't you build it on each OS type and deploy it pre-built?

We've been using Perl2EXE to package our perl build scripts and it's
worked very well. We don't have to worry about what version of perl is
installed on a given machine, or what modules are in the local library.
(We have a common build filesystem so I write a wrapper script for each
P2E utility that selects the correct file for which ever OS calls the script.
That way every build machine executes the same command.)

-Wm