[p4perl] Install on Solaris (LD_LIBRARY_PATH)

Tom Adamo tadamo at buffalo.edu
Tue May 8 11:38:35 PDT 2007

I was getting the following error when attempting to install on
Solaris machine...

"Can't load 'blib/arch/auto/P4/P4.so' for module P4: ld.so.1:
perl5.8.6: fatal: libstdc++.so.6: open failed: No such file or
directory at /usr/local/perl5.8.6/lib/5.8.6/sun4-solaris/
DynaLoader.pm line 230.
at test.pl line 34"

So, reading some other posts, I found that I could set the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH env variable to get around this.
I did this:
  setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /lib:/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib
It's actually here:
  /usr/local/lib/libstdc++.so.6

Doing this, I have successfully installed P4.pm.  But, the problem I
have now, is that any script I write is expecting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH
env variable to be set.

I don't know much about this stuff, but is there a way to make this
setting on the install so I don't have to set the env variable?

I'd appreciate any help with this.  Thanks!

--
Tom Adamo
University at Buffalo