[p4perl] Fwd: 8 hrs invested, 1 unresolved external symbol to go...

Dan Lindy dan.lindy at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 09:16:03 PDT 2007

I found this:

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=327790&SiteID=1

LNK2001s/LNK2019s are usually a result of mixing debug libs with release
libs (or libs compiled with another version of Visual Studio). It can also
be caused by static libraries not using the same runtime library (project
properties -> c/c++ -> code generation -> runtime library -> should be /MDd
for debug and /MD for release).

Seems it may not be possible to use VS 2005 unless Perforce provide a
compatible set of libs.