[p4perl] Problem Running P4Perl Based Triggers After LinuxSystemUpdate

Scott Lavender Scott.Lavender at visiprise.com
Fri May 9 05:48:42 PDT 2008

Tony,

So, I will be upgrading our server to 2007.3 in the next few days. But,
in the interim, I went ahead and built and installed the 2007.3 P4Perl.
I'm having no errors, but maybe a misunderstanding on how to get a list
of all jobs in the system. Here is what I tried:

#!/usr/bin/perl
#***********************************************************************
********
#* p4test.pl - a short test of the P4 client interface
#***********************************************************************
********
use P4;
print P4::Identify();

# Initialisation
my $p4 = new P4;
$p4->SetApiLevel( 61 ); # Set to 2007.2 until the server upgrade
$p4->Connect or die ( "Failed to connect to Perforce Server" );

# Try getting list of all Jobs
my $jobs = $p4->RunJobs();
if ( $#jobs >= 0 )
{
    foreach $job ( @jobs )
    {
        print "$job\n";
    }
}
else
{
    print "There are no jobs...\n";
}

The output from this is as follows:

Perforce - The Fast Software Configuration Management System.
Copyright 1995-2008 Perforce Software.  All rights reserved.
Rev. P4PERL/LINUX26I386/2007.3/151416 (2007.3 API) (2008/04/09).
There are no jobs...

>From the command line, I get the entire list of Jobs. When the script
runs it takes a while to run, which I assume is when the 'p4 jobs'
command is running. But, it returns nothing. Is this a valid approach to
getting a list like this?

Thanks.....Scott...