[p4perl] Trigger Script Issue

G Barthelemy gb.perforce at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 2 06:51:29 PDT 2008

2008/9/2 Scott Lavender <Scott.Lavender at visiprise.com>:
> I have a problem with part of my trigger script. It runs fine from the
> command line, but fails for some unknown reason when run by the server by a
> trigger event. I have a trigger associated with submits to verify that the
> user has associated a valid job/incident. This has worked in the past(2006.1
> - 7003.2), but has not worked since moving to 2007.3.

Whenever I experienced issues with a script running from command line
but failing in trigger context, it turned out to be authentication
related.

For example, I see that you are passing %user% to the trigger script.
Why ? Are you setting that user for subsequent API calls (i.e.
$p4->SetUser()) ? In which case, could this be an authentication issue
(i.e. the user doesn't have a running ticket on the server host where
the trigger is running from) ?

--
Guillaume