[p4perl] Problem using P4->FetchClient() (CALL#2151058)

Tony Smith tony at smee.org
Fri Sep 19 07:40:36 PDT 2008

Hi Scott,

> Thanks for responding...

You're welcome.

> I get the following output from the attached test script when run as the
> new user:

> Using Perforce Client Workspace "build_ProdTest" ...
>
> TEST: Error - Perforce password (P4PASSWD) invalid or unset.
>
> TEST: $client is a  reference, .
> TEST: that has 0 keys.

Not much debug output in there unfortunately... I think that's because you
might be using the old Public Depot P4Perl, and not the supported version
from Perforce. Could you send us the output of the following command to
confirm that:

   perl -mP4 -e 'print P4::Identify()'

Assuming that's the case, could you change the Debug() line to this:

	$p4->SetDebugLevel( 9 );

and try it again. Hopefully we'll get more debug output then.

Thanks,