[p4python] p4 diff2 vs. run_diff2

Nicholas Guarracino nguarracino at dataviz.com
Fri Dec 9 14:26:17 PST 2005

I'm trying to see what's changed in a particular file using diff2. On
the command line I can run

p4 -dc //depot/file at filerev1 //depot/file at filerev2

And it shows me the diff, just as expected. Going through the python API
gives me a dictionary with keys 'status', 'depotFile', etc. However,
nowhere do I see the actual output of the diff2 command. What I
discovered is that if I don't run parse_forms() at the start of my
script, run_diff2 does return the output, albeit in a much less
organized fashion. Is there any way to see the actual diff2 output after
calling parse_forms()? Should I be using diff instead of diff2?

Thanks!

--

Nicholas Guarracino
DataViz, Inc.