[p4python] Building p4python on MacOSX

sjm.19898948 at bloglines.com sjm.19898948 at bloglines.com
Thu Jan 5 04:43:51 PST 2006

Hi, I've been trying to build the P4Python module for use on Mac OS X (10.3).

It's not clear to me which of the P4API directories is the right one to
use, the macos or darwin directories, so I've tried both.

The macos version
failed to link as follows:

c++ -Wl,-F. -Wl,-F. -bundle -framework Python
build/temp.darwin-7.9.0-Power_Macintosh-2.3/P4Clientmodule.o -Lp4api -lclient
-lrpc -lsupp -o build/lib.darwin-7.9.0-Power_Macintosh-2.3/P4Client.so
ld:
p4api/libsupp.a(macutil.o) illegal reference to symbol: _CFBundleCopyExecutableURL
defined in indirectly referenced dynamic library /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/CoreFoundation

ld: p4api/libsupp.a(macutil.o) illegal reference to symbol: _CreateTextEncoding
defined in indirectly referenced dynamic library /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Versions/A/CarbonCore

error: command 'c++' failed with exit status 1

The darwin version linked
but then segfaults when I do an "import p4".

Has anyone built the module
for Mac OS successfully? Or have any clues?

One other thing, on my first
attempt to build with either API I got the error:

ld: table of contents
for archive: p4api/libclient.a is out of date; rerun ranlib(1) (can't load
from it)

So I did as it says and ran ranlib on the libraries and the error
went away.

Cheers,

Simon Middleton
ANT Software Limited