[p4python] AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'P4'

Guillaume Boddaert gboddaer.ext at winsoft.fr
Mon Jun 26 03:35:09 PDT 2006

Hi,

I am new to Python. I installed both Python 2.4 and p4python on windows. p4.py is present in libs\Site-packages.

Then I try to run the test script without a success. (http://public.perforce.com/guest/robert_cowham/perforce/API/python/main/test/test_p4python.py)

C:\Documents and Settings\gboddaer>python c:\workspace\HelloPython\test_p4python.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c:\workspace\HelloPython\test_p4python.py", line 35, in ?
    import p4       # Main class to test
  File "c:\Python24\lib\site-packages\p4.py", line 3, in ?
    """A Python version of the Perforce "p4" client.
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'P4'

I understood that it is a parse error that happens in p4.py file. I guess the p4python wrapper is not working properly. Where the error would come from ?

Thanks a lot,

Guillaume