[p4python] AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'P4'

Robert Cowham robert at vaccaperna.co.uk
Mon Jun 26 03:54:46 PDT 2006

Hi Guillaume

Looks like the compile extension hasn't been installed properly.

Is there a P4Client.pyd installed as well?

 C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages

6:49    <DIR>          .
6:49    <DIR>          ..
4:56            11,447 p4.py
6:49            12,010 p4.pyc
6:49           368,640 P4Client.pyd

Another thing to check is that you don't have any other p4 related stuff in
your python path.

Note that unfortunately the test script has some environment dependencies
for a test perforce repository that is not available to the general public,
thus I would use it as example code rather than as something you can expect
to run without problems.

Hope that helps.

Regards
Robert