[p4python] P4python 2.6? 3.0?

Sven Erik Knop sknop at perforce.com
Tue Dec 9 10:57:21 PST 2008

Hi Tony,

We plan to support Python 2.6 soon. I have been able to use the existing
source code unchanged on Linux to create the plugin, but came across the
same error on Windows as you have. Which version of Visual Studio are
you using?

Python 3.0 just came out last week - you are the first to ask about it.
According to the documentation, if the application is 2.6 compatible,
you can convert it to 3 via the 2to3 conversion tool, but I haven't
tried it out yet.
The upshot is, it will come, but we need to do some planning and testing
first.

Cheers

Sven Erik