[p4python] p4python for python 2.5 and windows vista x64

yuta araki maillistfolder at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 02:03:46 PDT 2008

Hey Robert,

Thank you for the info.
I didn't know about 2007.3 ver.
Been using 1.2 to compile.

I gave a try for 2007.3 but got "AttributeError: MSVCCompiler instance has
no attribute '_MSVCCompiler__root'"
I looked on internet and found setting DISTUTILS_USE_SDK=1 trick, which let
me compile the thing with lots of error.
If I embed manifest file, it does import successfully in python, but when I
try to do:

import P4
p4c = P4.P4()
p4c.connect()
p4c.run('info')

it crashes pythonw.exe.
When I ran VS2008 to debug, seems like MSVCR80.dll is where it getting
stack, but no idea what it really means.

P4.P4.identify() gives me the following:
>>> print P4.P4.identify()
Perforce - The Fast Software Configuration Management System.
Copyright 1995-2008 Perforce Software.  All rights reserved.
Rev. P4Python/NTX86/2007.3/151416 (2007.3 API) (2008/04/09).

So it seems like the compiler it used was 32bit version.

I noticed when I looked into setup.py, the script seems to auto detect which
compiler to use from system variable.
Is there anyway to override that to use 64bit compiler?

I'm still newbie in this compiling business, I may have some system setting
wrong.
But I really like to use this p4python.
Any help appreciated!
Thanks.