[p4python] build/install p4python under Python 2.3

Sven Erik Knop sknop at perforce.com
Tue May 27 03:43:15 PDT 2008

Hi Eduard,

P4Python 2007.3 from the Perforce Website only support Python 2.5 (with
an easy downgrade option for Python 2.4), but comes with a pre-compiled
installer for Windows. For the public depot version of P4Python you will
need to ask Robert Cowham, as he manages that release independently from
Perforce.

Looking at your error message, though - did you pick the correct P4API
from the Perforce FTP site? The error looks like it an unresolved symbol
from the Perforce API. There are specific builds for different versions
of the Visual Studio compiler, although I cannot see a version for
Visual Studio 6 there.

Kind regards,

Sven Erik