[p4python] Version 2007.3

todd.benham at kodak.com todd.benham at kodak.com
Thu Sep 4 06:33:22 PDT 2008

After looking at
http://public.perforce.com/guest/robert_cowham/perforce/API/python/offic
ial/RELNOTES.txt and trying the install, I don't quite understand the
upgrade path for p4 changed to P4 (lowercase vs. uppercase). I was using
P4Python 1.0 (or 1.2), but when I install P4Python 2007.3, it breaks all
previous scripts. It seems it is installed overtop instead of "next to"
it. I don't see a way to have both.

Quote:
    If you are migrating from Public Depot version of P4Python, edit
your
    scripts to ensure that the scripts comply with the new
    interface. The differences are detailed below.

There must be a way to support both, right?
I don't mind moving on to the new version of P4 (but not all at once).

So, bottom line: is there *suppose* to be a way to support both upper
and lower case P4Python on the same machine (Windows based)? If not, I
can't see any practical way to change to the new supported version.

Thanks for any ideas around this.

Todd