[p4python] Version 2007.3

Steven.Klass at smsc.com Steven.Klass at smsc.com
Thu Sep 4 08:10:45 PDT 2008

What I have done is this:

try:
  import P4 as p4
except:
  import p4

HTH

---

Steven M. Klass
Manager, Design Automation
Analog/Mixed Signal Tools and Methodologies

Phone: (480) 225-1112
Email: steven.klass at smsc.com

todd.benham at kodak.com
Sent by: p4python-bounces at perforce.com
09/04/08 07:02 AM

p4python at perforce.com
cc

Subject
[p4python] Version 2007.3

After looking at
http://public.perforce.com/guest/robert_cowham/perforce/API/python/official/RELNOTES.txt
and trying the install, I don't quite understand the upgrade path for p4
changed to P4 (lowercase vs. uppercase). I was using P4Python 1.0 (or
1.2), but when I install P4Python 2007.3, it breaks all previous scripts.
It seems it is installed overtop instead of "next to" it. I don't see a
way to have both.

Quote:
    If you are migrating from Public Depot version of P4Python, edit your
    scripts to ensure that the scripts comply with the new
    interface. The differences are detailed below.
There must be a way to support both, right?
I don't mind moving on to the new version of P4 (but not all at once).

So, bottom line: is there *suppose* to be a way to support both upper and
lower case P4Python on the same machine (Windows based)? If not, I can't
see any practical way to change to the new supported version.

Thanks for any ideas around this.

p4python mailing list
p4python at perforce.com