[p4python] Catching none p4 files

Martinsson, Christian Christian.Martinsson at dice.se
Thu Dec 29 02:37:59 PST 2011

Hi everyone,

I have a list of files that I want to check fstat on, but some of the might not be added to p4, is there a way to catch this files so I can remove them from the list.

Problem right now is that fstat crashes (without error) when a none p4 files is in the list.

Also the -R options seems to crash without error, is this not supported in P4Python?
Ex:  p4.run("fstat","-Ro", "filepath")

And when using -T option with otherOpen it only returns the number of other users not the users.
Ex:  p4.run("fstat","-T otherOpen", "filepath")

Christian Martinsson
Technical Animator

Tel +46 8 658 78 00
Fax +46 8 658 78 99
Cell +46 73 6417107
Christian.Martinsson at dice.se<mailto:Christian.Martinsson at dice.se>

DICE
An EA company

EA Digital Illusions CE AB
Katarinavägen 15
P.O. Box 20068
SE-104 60 Stockholm, Sweden
www.dice.se<http://www.dice.se>

Corporate Registration Number: 556710-6520