[p4ruby] p4ruby sync problem

Joerg Krautwurst-Schmid Joerg_Krautwurst-Schmid at CoCreate.com
Thu Mar 31 02:08:28 PST 2005

Hello,

don't know if I make something wrong, but I have problems using the p4
sync command within the p4ruby api.

Here's my very little code example:

require "P4"
p4 = P4.new()

p4.client="myclient"
p4.user = "myname"
p4.port = "myport"

p4.connect()
p4.run_sync
p4.disconnect()

This produces the following errors:

/usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/P4.rb:122:in `run': [P4#run] Errors
during command execution( "p4 sync" ) (P4Exception)
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/P4.rb:122:in
`method_missing'
        from /tmp/p4rubytest.rb:9

But this only occurs if the client files are up-to-date!
If I run p4.run_sync("-f") it works fine, or even if there's one or more
files to sync.

Do I'am something complete wrong, or is this a problem ?

Thanks

Joerg

Joerg Krautwurst-Schmid
R&D
CoCreate Software GmbH & Co. KG
Posener Strasse 1
71065 Sindelfingen
Germany
Tel: +49 7031 951-2218
Fax: +49 7031 951-6218
E-mail: joerg_krautwurst-schmid at cocreate.com
<blocked::mailto:joerg_krautwurst-schmid at cocreate.com>
Website: <www.cocreate.com>

Communicate right the first time and avoid misunderstandings.
Find out more about our project team collaboration tool:
www.onespace.net <blocked::http://www.onespace.net/>

Court of registry: Boeblingen HRA 2391
Directors: William M. Gascoigne (Chairman), Gert Deiss, Hansjoerg
Plaggemars

**************************
E-Mail Disclaimer
Der Inhalt dieser E-Mail ist ausschliesslich fuer den bezeichneten
Adressaten bestimmt. Wenn Sie nicht der vorgesehene Adressat dieser
E-Mail oder dessen Vertreter sein sollten, so beachten Sie bitte, dass
jede Form der Kenntnisnahme, Veroeffentlichung, Vervielfaeltigung oder
Weitergabe des Inhalts dieser E-Mail unzulaessig ist. Wir bitten Sie,
sich in diesem Fall mit dem Absender der E-Mail in Verbindung zu setzen.

The information contained in this email is intended solely for the
addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you
are not the intended recipient, any form of disclosure, reproduction,
distribution or any action taken or refrained from in reliance on it, is
prohibited and may be unlawful. Please notify the sender immediately.