[p4ruby] p4.run_changes with user yields no results

Tony Smith tony at smee.org
Thu Apr 26 07:55:26 PDT 2007

Yes, it's because " 5" gets converted to an integer (5) easily, whereas you
probably didn't mean your username to be " jcowlishaw" (note the leading
space). Just a feature of Perforce's argument parsing - you can reproduce the
same thing from the command line like this:

  p4 changes "-u jcowlishaw" "-m 5"

Another feature though is that the space is optional, so this works in both
P4Ruby and the command line:

  p4 changes -ujcowlishaw -m5 ...

Tony