[p4ruby] PASSWD unset error

Johan Nilsson johan.nilsson at esrange.ssc.se
Fri May 11 06:18:00 PDT 2007

Hi,

I'm getting the following error somwhere inside P4.save_client:

---------
ERROR: [P4#run] Errors during command execution( "p4 client -i" )

        [Error]: Perforce password (P4PASSWD) invalid or unset.
--------

The "fun" thing is that if I execute "p4 login -s" everything looks
normal (number of hours left to expiration). This call is hidden inside
my own classes (auto-generating temporary client specs) and works a
treat on another very similar machine.

Details:

Platform: OpenSUSE 10.2
Compiler: g++ 4.1
p4api: 2005.1 (linux3x86)
P4Ruby: P4Ruby 1.5339
Ruby: 1.8.5

I originally tried using the latest stable release together with the
2006.2 API, but when I got the above error I reverted to the same
version I've got working on another OpenSUSE machine. The other
machine's details:

Platform: OpenSUSE 10.0
Compiler: g++ 4.0.1
p4api: 2005.1 (linux3x86)
P4Ruby: P4Ruby 1.5339
Ruby: 1.8.2

Any hints on where to start troubleshooting?

/ Johan