[p4ruby] PASSWD unset error

Johan Nilsson johan.nilsson at esrange.ssc.se
Tue May 15 04:11:52 PDT 2007

Found it!

I was using P4PORT=<dotted-ip-address>:<port> in .bash_profile and
P4PORT=<server-name>:<port> in my scripts, e.g:

-- .bash_profile --
P4PORT=127.0.0.1:1234
--

-- script --
P4PORT=localhost:1234

In the other machine I was using the server name instead of ip-address
in .bash_profile as well, that's why it worked.

As both the names and ip-address refer to the same machine, logically I
think this should work - or? I'll try and drop an enhancement request to
Perforce support.

/ Johan