[p4ruby] file updates via rails app

Andy Koch andy.koch at pc-doctor.com
Wed Jan 23 10:06:11 PST 2008

I've made a Rails app that uses p4ruby, although the actual p4ruby was
eventually refactored into a drb server - the original design was
running p4ruby from a controller.

You'll probably need to come up with either a model or some class in a
lib file otherwise your controller will get mad cluttered

good luck

Sainz, Johnny wrote:

> Is it possible to use this perforce plugin with a ruby on rails
> webapp? What I’m trying to do is:
>
>    1. sync a file
>    2. check the file out
>    3. change links via rails app
>    4. save the file
>    5. check the file back into perforce
>
> Please let me know if I’m wasting my time trying to figure this out.
> Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
>
> Cheers!
>
> **_***
> **Johnny Sainz****
> *650-628-3048 - direct
> 415-233-0677 - mobile
> jsainz at ea.com
>
> **ELECTRONIC ARTS**** ****|**** ****Web Developer III**

Andy Koch, Web Applications Developer
PC-Doctor, Inc.
9805 Double R Boulevard Suite 301
Reno, NV 89521
775.336.4079
andy.koch at pc-doctor.com

CONFIDENTIALITY
The information contained in this message is confidential. It is
intended to be read only by the individual or entity to whom it is
addressed or by an authorized designee. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient, be aware that distribution
of this message in any form is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender
and destroy any copy of this message.