[p4ruby] p4 changelist

Andy Koch andy.koch at pc-doctor.com
Fri Apr 18 15:58:20 PDT 2008

I did eventually realize (via irb session) that one can capture the
output in a variable, which seems more natural.

I also found a few other methods had changed, here is the resulting code
for contrast...

**********************
change = p4.run_change( "-o" ).shift

p4.input = change
output = p4.run_change( "-i" ).shift

params['changelist_num'] = output.to_s.split(/\s+/)[1]
**********************

note - "input=" instead of "input()"
and the format_changelist was dropped completely.

Andy

--
Andy Koch, Web Applications Developer
PC-Doctor, Inc.
andy.koch at pc-doctor.com

CONFIDENTIALITY
The information contained in this message is confidential. It is
intended to be read only by the individual or entity to whom it is
addressed or by an authorized designee. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient, be aware that distribution
of this message in any form is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender
and destroy any copy of this message.