[p4ruby] gem broken

James M. Lawrence quixoticsycophant at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 07:23:30 PDT 2011

I informed Perforce about the missing files when r11.1 was released.

The last time there were missing files server, Perforce never did fix
it (http://maillist.perforce.com/pipermail/p4ruby/2010q3/000206.html).
(Oddly, the problem was punted to me.)

I would not expect the current issue to be fixed soon. In the meantime
there's always the manual install:

 % gem fetch p4ruby
 % gem unpack p4ruby-1.0.9.gem
 % cd p4ruby-1.0.9
 % ruby install.rb --help
 % ruby install.rb --version 10.2

Since the gem itself works fine while problems continue to be server
problems--over which I have no control--Perforce has agreed to take
over ownership of the gem.