[p4ruby] gem broken

James M. Lawrence quixoticsycophant at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 13:33:23 PDT 2011

Good idea. I've gone ahead and submitted a new p4ruby gem (1.0.10)
which hard-codes r10.2, so the gem will work for now. The following
has been added to the readme:

**** NOTE ****

This is a temporary fork of the p4ruby gem which works around an
ongoing problem of missing files on the Perforce server.

This fork is hard-coded to download version r10.2 only.

In the past Perforce has ignored such problems with their ftp server.
Since these issues are ongoing and beyond my control, I have
transferred ownership of the gem to Perforce, who may or may not
resolve the matter. Please send bug reports to them.

Sincerely,
James M. Lawrence

To googlers who find this post in the future: If you're wondering why
the p4ruby gem is not downloading r11.1 or r11.2 or higher, it's
because Perforce has not removed the r10.2 workaround.