[Perforce-announce] Perforce 2009.1 beta test release available
support at perforce.com
Thu Jun 11 16:09:18 PDT 2009
Dear Perforce User,
We are pleased to announce the beta release of Perforce 2009.1.
This release contains many new features and enhancements, including:
- New "p4 move" command to move and rename files in client workspaces
- New "p4 logtail" command gives administrators remote access
to server log files
- Optimizations to improve performance of fstat command and other
Perforce Visual Client and Perforce Visual Merge Tools (P4V, P4Merge):
- Ability to preconfigure P4V appearance and settings for custom
- Create, manage, and delete depots in the Administration Tool
- Preview HTML, audio and video files in P4V
- Ability to edit diffed files in P4Merge
Perforce Plug-in for Windows Explorer (P4EXP):
- Simultaneous install on 64-bit systems in both the 64-bit and 32-bit
shells enables functionality with applications that launch a 32-bit
Perforce Defect Tracking Gateway (P4DTG):
- The Bugzilla plug-in supports bidirectional replication for most
fields, including Status/Resolution
- New fields enable additional flexibility for replicating
multiple projects to a single depot
- Log level and other replication attributes are now configurable
For a summary of what's available in 2009.1, to download the beta
components, and for more information, please see:
The 2009.1 Perforce visual client tools are compatible with Perforce
Server releases 2005.2 through 2009.1. To ensure that you have access
to new P4V features, install or upgrade to the 2009.1 Perforce Server,
because some P4V features are not available with older servers.
Upgrading your Perforce Server to 2009.1 is a one-way migration.
Please refer to the P4/P4D Release Notes for further information.
If you have any problems or questions, please email support at perforce.com,
or call one of our offices listed at:
Thank you for trying our new beta release.
Perforce Product Advocate
More information about the perforce-announce