Stupid win32 perforce tricks

MarcP.Kwiatkowskimarc at mpath.com MarcP.Kwiatkowskimarc at mpath.com
Thu Apr 2 23:04:15 PST 1998

If you want to create a client that is capable of mapping
files to different FAT or NTFS drives, just export the
drives of interest, and use the UNCs in your perforce client.

For example suppose I want to map a bunch of perl modules
to d:/perl/lib/, gnumake and some other scripts to c:/local/bin,
and a bunch of source to e:/.  Using the win32 explorer,
I share c:/local as //thelonious/local, d:/perl as
//thelonious/perl, and e: as //thelonious/home.  Now I can map
gnumake and other script to c:/local/bin, various perl modules
to d:/perl/lib/.../*.pm, and my current project to e:/project using
the client below:

Client: //thelonious-client