Price

davelundbergdave at cccpp.com davelundbergdave at cccpp.com
Thu Apr 9 14:45:52 PDT 1998

I have no problem with the price hike.  Sure, I'd rather see it go down too.  But I guess I
weigh the cost per user vs. the productivity per user.  Perforce is very easy to use,
presents a desirable usage model, and is rock solid.  I compare that to the nightmare
of constantly dealing with the corrupted data base problems my 30+ engineers lived with
over the last 18 months with SourceSafe.  Do I think having a SCM that is reliable
is worth an extra $3K per year from my budget ?  You bet.

Even if Perforce is higher priced than "several other systems", it seems worth it to me for
a tool which we will use daily.

thanks

- -dave