Last-modified timestamp

stephenng at alum.mit.edustephenng stephenng at alum.mit.edustephenng
Fri Apr 17 02:26:36 PDT 1998

When I check out a file, I would like to restore the original
timestamp of the file--not the timestamp of when the changelist is
submitted, but the timestamp of when the file was last edited.

(I've read through the previous timestamp thread.  Don't ask me why I
need to do this!  It's for compatibility with another SCM system that
we are transitioning from.)

I'm willing to use "touch" in a perl script to do this, but it seems
as if the timestamp I want isn't even maintained by perforce.

Is there a way I can find out what this timestamp is (it needs to be
both the date and time, not just the time).