Last-modified timestamp

NickTriantosnick at nvidia.com NickTriantosnick at nvidia.com
Fri Apr 17 10:26:58 PDT 1998

Change your client options (through "p4 client") to use "modtime" instead
of "nomodtime".

Beware of what it does to builds that use timestamps for dependencies,
though...

- -Nick

At 10:45 AM 4/17/98 -0500, chris.bartz at natinst.com wrote:
>I am doing this myself right now, for the exact same reason you are.
>
>You can change the date/time of the change after you submit it with "p4
change -f".
>Of course, this applies to the entire change which in my case consists of
only files
>that have the exact same last modification time.  I have a perl script
that checks in
>the file for me and then modifies its date.
>
>Unfortunately, Perforce has a bug that when you do this it only modifies
the time of
>the change, not the modification times of the files involved in the
change.  I get
>around this by hacking up the checkpoint of the database directly.  I have
a perl
>script for that too.
>
>So, my procedure to fix up the timestamps is:
>
>- check the file in normally
>- do "p4 change -f" stuff to patch up the timestamp
>- checkpoint the database
>- fixup the timestamps in the checkpoint
>- recover from the fixed up checkpoint.
>
>My Perl scripts are not in condition for general use (they make lots of
assumptions
>about how I have things) but I will send them to you it you want.
>
>-Chris Bartz
>

>stephenng at alum.mit.edu on 04/17/98 04:26:36 AM
>
>To:   perforce-user at perforce.com
>cc:    (bcc: Chris Bartz/AUS/NIC)
>Subject:  Last-modified timestamp
>

>When I check out a file, I would like to restore the original
>timestamp of the file--not the timestamp of when the changelist is
>submitted, but the timestamp of when the file was last edited.
>(I've read through the previous timestamp thread.  Don't ask me why I
>need to do this!  It's for compatibility with another SCM system that
>we are transitioning from.)
>I'm willing to use "touch" in a perl script to do this, but it seems
>as if the timestamp I want isn't even maintained by perforce.
>Is there a way I can find out what this timestamp is (it needs to be
>both the date and time, not just the time).

- ----
Nick Triantos
Nvidia Corporation         phone: 408/617-4054
1226 Tiros Way             email: mailto:nick at nvidia.com
Sunnyvale, CA 94086          www: http://www.nvidia.com

PGP key at: http://www.flash.net/~triantos/pgpkey.html