How to extract changes between labels or dates?

NaveenPatilnaveen at vinayak.engr.sgi.com NaveenPatilnaveen at vinayak.engr.sgi.com
Thu Apr 23 12:51:12 PDT 1998

> But I still think that this could be just a simple linear diff of (maxchg # at
> latest label) - (maxchg # at older label), and listing of changes between these
> two changes (since that is already supported).

	Labels don't necessarily have to match with a MaxChange#;
	it helps if projects are managed that way by using branches and
	making sure latest change on that branch is what got Labelled...

	But, Labels can "cherrypick" changes and exclude holes in the
	change history, and that's when diffing between labels can
	get tricky ...

- --
Naveen Patil, mailto:naveen at sgi.com		 Silicon Graphics, Inc
[T] (650)933-4311  [Fax] (650)932-4311		 2011 N Shoreline, MS 10U-987
[P] (800)718-6125, mailto:naveen_p at corp.sgi.com  Mountain View, CA
94043-1389
[W] http://vinayak.engr.sgi.com/~naveen          http://www.sgi.com