Tagging groups of files for design control?

PaulGoffingoffin at radstone.co.uk PaulGoffingoffin at radstone.co.uk
Thu Apr 23 02:49:47 PDT 1998

Labels can't be rev'd as such, but there's no
reason why you can have labels like:

   project1_initialCut
   project1_specificationReviewComplete
   project1_release1_00

However, as the guys at perforce know by now, I'd
really like to see better control of labels, jobs,
clients, etc.

Paul

At 16:25 22/04/98 -0500, Jeffrey Melland wrote:
>Perforce User E-mail Archive,
>
>Past practice with other tools has been to tag revisions of files and
>manage the tag (w/revs) for design control.  With Perforce the
>label can't be rev'd.  As new users of Perforce we don't see how
>a similiar process can be implemented.
>
>Can anyone help us with examples of how to do this?
>
>Thanks.

Paul Goffin
Principal Software Engineer
Radstone Technology PLC