P4DB - new version (again)

FredricFredricsonFredric.Fredriksson at mydata.se FredricFredricsonFredric.Fredriksson at mydata.se
Wed Mar 31 08:44:58 PST 1999

All right. I got quite a few bug reports, suggestions and nice
e-mails (thank you, thank you, thank you) when I released the
0.99d version. This inspired me to wrestle the code some more
and here is the second P4DB release this month:
ftp://ftp.mydata.se/pub/P4DB/P4DB_0.99f.tar.gz

For those of you that does not know:
P4DB is a web based p4 depot browser written in perl (and some
java) and tested mainly on Linux/Apache.
You can check out the old version (0.99a) in action at:
http://public.perforce.com/cgi-bin/p4db/index.cgi

Changes 0.99d to 0.99f:

Bugs fixed:
* Old version only worked with a single depot named "depot".
  (Fix supplied by Mike Dixon.)
* Install script now more portable.
  (Problem pointed out by Jeffrey A. Marshall.)
* P4DB now runs with Solaris 2.7/perl5.005_02.
  (Thanks Ron Shalhoup for reporting problems and testing.)
* Somewhat improved error handling (inspired by idea from Ron Shalhoup).
* Change browser can view jobs again

New functions:
* Added a "smart" html viewer that changes relative links to point to
  files in depot.
  This was implemented in response to a problem reported by Laura Wingerd
  at Perforce.
  And as a spin-off the "special" file viewers are controlled by a new
  file "viewConfig.pm". This file makes it easier to associate more file
  extensions with mime types.
* Added line numbers to file viewer
* Converts tabs to spaces in file viewer
* Improved diff viewer:
       * Lists line numbers for file
       * Possible to get more context (up to whole file)
       * Links to file viewer
* The README.html now explains the silly version numbering

I am particularly proud of the improvements in the diff viewer that
I now find ALMOST acceptable.

/Fredric Fredricson