[p4] Sharing client spec between users

johan.nilsson at esrange.ssc.se johan.nilsson at esrange.ssc.se
Tue Dec 4 04:02:31 PST 2001

What I meant was to actually use the same client specification for two
separate users, that maps to the same physical machine (doesn't really sound
like a good idea, does it).

I'm only playing around for the time being, but I currently have two
separate client specifications (which in fact are identical regarding the
view(s)) for the users. The client specifications should always remain
identical to each other (but will change upon product release), so I was
just thinking I might save me myself some maintenance problems and use a
single spec for both users. This is a pretty special situation where the
target system will always be the same as the development system (in-house
application).

You really made a point about editing the same file at the same time -
thanks. However it is very unlikely that they will be working with the same
application at the same time, so perhaps using the lock (+l?) qualifier for
all files would be a viable solution.

// Johan