[p4] RE: Perforce keyword expansion

Todd Short tshort at cisco.com
Wed Dec 5 10:14:30 PST 2001

My mistake... 2000.1 (which looks a lot like 2001.1).

So, if you are < 2000.1

text+k = $Id$ and $Header$ keyword expansion

Otherwise, you are >= 2000.1

text+ko = $Id$ and $Header$ keyword expansion
text+k = $Id$, $Header$, $Date$, $DateTime$, $Change$, $File$, $Revision$,
$Author$

To automatically specify file types when files are added, use the 'p4
typemap' command.
In general, it is probably a good idea to use the 'p4 typemap' command even
if you are not going to use keyword expansion. We had a few files that were
originally added as 'binary' because they contained a character in the upper
128 bytes of the ASCII space (I believe it was a copyright symbol), so
Perforce looked at the file and must've thought it was binary... This, of
course, has been pains when tying to diff the file, or use the p4pr
script...

--
-Todd Short
//tshort at cisco.com
//"One if my land, two if by sea, three if by the Internet."